A DAD who forced his paedo pal to dig his own grave after he raped his six-year-old daughter will NOT be charged with murder.
The father was accused of knifing friend Oleg Sviridov in a furious revenge killing after discovering graphic footage on his pal’s mobile phone of him sexually abusing his daughter.
Oleg Sviridov, 32, was found dead after sexually abusing his friend’s young daughter[/caption]
The devastated dad was accused of making Sviridov dig his own grave before stabbing him[/caption]
In harrowing footage, the sickened dad’s daughter, now eight, was heard pleading: “Oleg, that’s enough, I can’t take it anymore. I want to go home”.
The 34-year-old was suspected of stabbing Sviridov, 32, to death in a Russian forest after making him dig his own grave.
He originally faced a murder investigation – but has now been told this has been dropped, sources close to the case say.
In a landmark decision, he will instead face prosecution for inciting Sviridov to take his own life, which carries a lesser sentence than murder.
The former rocket engine factory worker has always denied murder and is “pleased” that he will not face a charge of deliberately killing Sviridov.
He is also no longer required to wear an electronic tag as he awaits trial this year.
Most read in The Sun
Sources close to the case said that detailed forensic evidence showed that the dad had not stabbed Sviridov in a forest where the dead man’s body was found later in a makeshift grave.
There are claims Sviridov was given an ultimatum to go to the police and confess to sexually abusing the girl, or face the father’s wrath.
After the dad was linked to the paedo’s killing, he was backed by a wave of public support in the Samara region with locals in the village Pribrezhnoye raising money for his legal fees.
A petition signed by 2,500 people demanded that he should be fully acquitted as they hailed him a hero.
They supported him for “saving our children by ridding us of a child sex attacker”.
Two other children in the village are feared to have been abused by Sviridov.
His wife last year told the Sun Online that when she came home from work on August 25 she found the two ex-pals fighting in the bathroom before the beaten and bruised Sviridov fled the house.
She said: “[He] was hysterical, shellshocked. I had never seen him like that.
“It took him a long time to come to his senses to explain to me.
“With his trembling hands, he took out Oleg’s phone and showed me a video.
‘I TRUSTED HIM’
“You cannot imagine what I experienced when I saw it. I felt sick, I was dizzy, and nauseous.
“I shook all over. I could not believe my eyes that it was our child in the video.
“Then my husband started crying. He kept repeating: ‘He is my best friend, I trusted him with our children, I trusted him as myself’.”
The dad reportedly told friends he forced Sviridov to dig the grave but only to scare him.
He has told cops Sviridov attacked him and fell on the knife in the struggle.
His wife claimed Sviridov tried to stab him with the knife and he fought back with the shovel.
The paedo then “realised he had nothing to live for” and stuck the knife in his own chest, she said.
After burying his former friend on August 26, 2020, the accused dad took the phone to police but did not say Sviridov was dead.
Only weeks later did he confess the knife fight and the site of the grave.
But the heartbroken dad will no longer face a murder charge, and instead will face prosecution for “inciting a person to suicide or attempted suicide by threats or abuse”, which carries a maximum six-year sentence, but often also leads to non-custodial punishments.
The shallow forest pit where the paedo was buried on August 26[/caption]