ENGLAND are waiting to see if their Autumn International against Tonga will go ahead.
The match at Twickenham was thrown into chaos by a positive PCR test for Red Rose captain Owen Farrell.
Owen Farrell has tested positive for Covid and England are waiting on the result of a second test[/caption]
Tonga were comfortably beaten by Scotland last week[/caption]
As a result, the entire England squad has been asked to undergo another round of testing and the starting line-up remains unknown.
Eddie Jones’ side are looking to bounce back after a disastrous fifth placed Six Nations finish back in March.
And to that end, Jones has rung the changes to his squad, with the most notable of those being the axing of the Vunipola brothers and fellow Saracens star Jamie George.
The England head coach said of his decision: “This is an exciting squad made up of experienced players and young guys who did well in the summer and earned their place again.
“We have left out some experienced players but we’re really clear that the door isn’t closed to them, and we’re looking forward to seeing them work hard to get back into contention.
“We have five campaigns now until the 2023 World Cup so each one counts, and this is a chance for this 45 to impress the new coaching staff.”
And there was also shock at Eddie Jones’ decision to leave Harlequins’ Marcus Smith out.
England know a big win will be expected against a Tonga side who were beaten 60-14 by Scotland at Murrayfield last week.
The Tongans have yet to qualify for the World Cup after home and away defeats to Samoa sent them into the Repechage.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
What time does England vs Tonga rugby kick off?
- England host Tonga on Saturday, November 6.
- The match kicks off at 3.15pm UK time – 4.15am in Tonga.
- It will be played at Twickenham.
- Last time the two sides met, England ran out 35-3 winners in the 2019 Rugby World Cup group stage in Sapporo, Japan.
What TV channel is England vs Tonga rugby on and can I live stream it?
- England vs Tonga is not on regular UK television.
- However, you can stream all the action live on Amazon Prime Video, which costs £7.99/month.
- If you have a Smart TV, you will be able to install Amazon Prime on the device.
Most read in Rugby Union
Can I watch England vs Tonga rugby for free?
- Yes. First time subscribers can get a one-month FREE trial of Amazon Prime Video.
- This will revert to a regular £7.99/month subscription if not cancelled during the trial period.
England XV*: Steward; Radwan, Slade, Tuilagi, May; Farrell* (capt), Youngs; Genge, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Hill, Lawes, Underhill, Curry.
Replacements: Blamire, Marler, Stuart, Ewels, Dombrandt, Mitchell, Smith, Furbank.
Tonga XV: Veainu; W Fifita, Hingano, Taumoepeau, Kata; Morath, Takulua (capt); Fisi’ihoi, Ngauamo, Tameifuna, H Fifita, Halaifonua, Timani, Kafatolu, Vailanu.
Replacements: Maile, Uhila, Fia, Funaki, Havili, Fukofuka, Faiva, Fine.
*Pending Covid test results
England – Betting suspended
Draw – 100/1
Tonga – 100/1
*Odds from Paddy Power correct as of Monday, November 1