WALES will be looking to get a big win under their belt against world champions South Africa in the Autumn Internationals.
The Dragons were outclassed by New Zealand last week but can look forward to the return of their England-based players for this weekend’s fixtures.
Dan Biggar will be among the England-based players returning for Wales[/caption]
Siya Kolisi captained South Africa to a huge win over Wales in the 2019 World Cup[/caption]
Shorn of 15 players, Wayne Pivac’s team battled bravely as they trailed by 12 points with 20 minutes left before the All Blacks ran away with the match.
The visiting Springboks meanwhile know they have the measure of some of the Welsh players after beating them in the British and Irish Lions Tour in Cape Town over summer.
Rassie Erasmus’ side followed that up with a disappointing third place finish in the Rugby Championship.
However, they did manage an impressive 31-29 victory over the All Blacks last time out.
Springboks assistant coach Deon Davids said of the Wales match: “If you look past the score of New Zealand and Wales I think it was a competitive game for 60 minutes, it could have gone any way.
“We know Wales will be up for it, they will be very competitive and will make sure they set things right in the areas they’ve identified.”
The South Africans expect Rassie Erasmus to coach the team in Cardiff but they are awaiting the outcome of a disciplinary hearing regarding a video he produced about the refereeing during the Lions Tour.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
What time does Wales vs South Africa rugby kick off?
- Wales take on South Africa on Saturday, November 6.
- The match kicks off at 5.30pm UK time – 7.30pm in South Africa.
- It will be played at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff.
- The sides last met in 2019 when South Africa ran out 19-16 winners in the Rugby World Cup semi-final in Yokohama.
What TV channel is Wales vs South Africa rugby on and can I live stream it?
- Wales vs South Africa will not be live on regular UK television.
- However, you can stream all the action live on Amazon Prime Video, with subscriptions costing £7.99/month.
- You can also install Prime Video on your television if you have a Smart TV.
Most read in Rugby Union
Can I watch Wales vs South Africa rugby for free?
- Yes. First time subscribers can get a one-month FREE trial of Amazon Prime Video.
- This will revert to a regular £7.99/month subscription if not cancelled before the end of the trial period.
Wales: Johnny McNicholl; Louis Rees-Zammit, Jonathan Davies (capt), Nick Tompkins, Josh Adams; Dan Biggar, Tomos Williams; Rhys Carre, Ryan Elias, Tomas Francis, Will Rowlands, Adam Beard, Ellis Jenkins, Taine Basham, Aaron Wainwright.
Replacements: Bradley Roberts, Wyn Jones, WillGriff John, Ben Carter, Seb Davies, Gareth Davies, Gareth Anscombe, Liam Williams.
South Africa: Damian Willemse; Jesse Kriel, Lukhanyo Am, Damian de Allende, Makazole Mapimpi; Handré Pollard, Herschel Jantjies; Ox Nché, Bongi Mbonambi, Trevor Nyakane, Eben Etzebeth, Lood de Jager, Siya Kolisi (capt), Kwagga Smith, Duane Vermeulen.
Replacements: Malcolm Marx, Steven Kitshoff, Vincent Koch, Franco Mostert, Jasper Wiese, Cobus Reinach, Elton Jantjies, Frans Steyn
South Africa 3/10
*Odds from Paddy Power correct as of Tuesday, November 2