WINTER feels like it’s going to drag on forever and summer seems a distant memory.
But blue skies and sunshine are just a flight away and you could jetting off next month.
Get rid of the winter blues with some February sunshine[/caption]
We’ve rounded up the top holiday destinations in February, with some temperatures reaching higher than 30C – a far cry from the lashing rain here in the UK.
The below hotspots are all open to Brits, just be sure to check the travel restrictions before visiting.
Caribbean – 30C
The Caribbean is hot all year round, but February is actually one of the best times of the year to go.
According to the Met Office, the average rainfall in Antigua is the lowest in February compared to every other month of the year.
Temperatures in the Caribbean can reach up to 30C in February, and drop to a comfortable 20C at night.
It’s also the best time of the year to avoid humidity, so if you struggle with muggy heat then February is the best time of the year to go.
Relax on white sand beaches sipping a piña colada and soaking up the sun.
- British Airways holidays to St Lucia in February from £619pp
- TUI all-inclusive holidays to Dominican Republic in February from £749pp
- TUI holidays to Barbados in February from £799pp
- TUI all-inclusive holidays to Jamaica in February from £899pp
Most read in News Travel
Orlando – 23.1C
Florida benefits from a powerful Atlantic Ocean current which causes warmer water to be brought in from the tropics, which means it’s warm all year round.
Temperatures reach as high as 23.1C in February so a suntan is definitely on the cards.
It might be worth packing a brolly though, as chances of rain do increase in February, with the average total rainfall of 77mm across the month.
- British Airways holidays to Orlando in February from £499pp
- Virgin Holidays to Orlando in February from £586pp
- TUI holidays to Orlando in February from £499pp
Canary Islands – 21.5C
Winters in the Canary Islands are mild, with Lanzarote still reaching temperatures of a warm 21.5C.
The sheltered islands see as little as 14mm of rainfall in the whole month, making it a safe bet if you want to leave the rain behind you in the UK.
Warm, cloudless days are just a four hour flight away – making the Canary Islands the closest winter sun destination on the list.
- TUI holidays to Tenerife in February from £360pp
- EasyJet all-inclusive holidays to Fuerteventura in February from £390pp
- EasyJet all-inclusive holidays to Gran Canaria in February from £399pp
- TUI all-inclusive holidays to Fuerteventura in February from £474pp
Cape Town – 27.3C
The average temperature in Cape Town in February is a balmy 27.3C – the hottest month of the year.
February sits in Cape Town’s summer season and has 10 hours of sunshine each day.
It is one of the driest months of the year and only has 10mm of rainfall – a big contrast to the UK.
Cairo – 20.5C
At the closer end of the spectrum is Cairo, which is less than a five-hour flight from London.
The capital city of Egypt and located on the Nile, Cairo has a desert climate making daytime temperatures warm at 20.5C in February.
Rainfall in Cairo in February is very low, totally just 3mm across the whole of the month, so it’s definitely not worth packing your brolly.
Visitors can enjoy eight hours of sunshine each day.
- EasyJet holidays to Egypt in February from £520pp
- TUI all-inclusive holidays to Egypt in February from £520pp
Cancun – 32.2C
Cancun is the hottest of all the holiday destinations on our list at a whopping 32.2C.
The beautiful beaches and luxury resorts of Cancun in Mexico can be enjoyed in scorching sunshine.
February sees a low average rainfall of 28mm – perfect for those holidaymakers who love dry heat.
However, there are only five hours of daily sunshine so you’ll have to make the most of them.
- TUI all-inclusive holidays to Mexico in February from £844pp
- British Airways all-inclusive holidays to Cancun in February from £899pp
Soak up some sun in Cancun, Cairo or the Canary Islands[/caption]